Do you find yourself on "default" when it comes to side dishes? Maybe some steamed broccoli, warm up some corn, sauté some fresh green beans when you're feeling fancy! That get's a little old, doesn't it...I know. I find myself thinking, "How can I make this food new?'
I often start with "What do I want it to taste like?" Pick an ingredient and run with it!
Time to spice those side dishes up a bit with this recipe!
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic butter
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley (or fresh)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic and herb
- Wash, peel, and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Melt butter in your cast iron skillet and place potatoes in the skillet in a circular pattern so that they will all fit.
- Season potatoes, cook for about 5 minutes, add heavy whipping cream.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes on medium high heat.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven. Cook for 35 minutes at 375 until tender.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Simon Says, Eat!
Keep in mind, you can ALWAYS adjust the seasonings based on preference. I'll be whipping up some more exciting sides if you all would care for me to share! Be sure to "like" this post if you want more!