If you would have asked me if I liked creamed corn before this past Christmas, I would have responded with a resounding, "NO!" I came up with this recipe after a video of crockpot creamed corn ran across my Facebook feed! While it seemed simple enough, I ended up creating my own recipe that you'll find below!
As you can see, I ditched the crock pot and opted for my enameled cast iron pot that could get the job done faster, especially on a weeknight!
- 1 pkg (16 oz) organic sweet corn
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar (or preference)
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- fresh green onions
- Place corn frozen corn in medium sauce pan or 4 quart enamel cast iron pot, warm for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat, or until corn is no longer frozen and at about room temp.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and butter, and bring to a boil.
- Add in salt, pepper, and cream cheese. Mix well until cream cheese is dissovled. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Optional: remove about 1/4 of corn and liquid and puree it in a blender. I used my nutribullet.
- Add the puree back into the pot and stir it in.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes on low heat.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as you like.
- Top with chopped fresh green onions and a little more pepper!
- Simon Says, EAT!