I have a serious love for brunch food, and i think that everyone else has caught on too! We can all agree that along with chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits remains a brunch staple item.
Soooooo....I had a few shrimp on hand and decided to jazz up my usual grits for something more exciting! So let's jump right into this recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/4 purple onion sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb. xl shrimp
- Smoked sausage or andouille
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup quick grits
- 4 oz gouda cheese
- 4 oz sharp cheddar
- Bring chicken stock to a boil
- Add grits, heavy cream, and butter and whisk in to avoid lumps for about 30 seconds. Be careful because the grits will pop during this process.
- Reduce the fire to medium, cook for about 5-8 minutes and cover.
- Add corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic and herb seasoning
- Add 1 tsp butter to skillet, red and green bell pepper, onion, chopped sausage.
- Add shrimp with garlic and herb seasoning, cook until they are pink.
- Plate grits, and add shrimp mixture to top of grits
- Garnish with fresh parsley and green onions
- Simon Says, EAT!
Let me know how this dish comes out for you! Of course, you can adjust the recipe to our liking, adding more corn, different type of sausage! I'd love to hear from you!